Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day to ALL the wonderful father’s out there! This week I made a trip to Meijer, Kroger and Aldi or should I say I made a trip to Meijer and Kroger and my hubby made a trip to Aldi and Kroger as well.
I also sent my hubby and the girls to see Incredibles 2 today as part of his father’s day gift- when Faith was a toddler she insisted on watching Incredibles every single night with her dad on the floor for hours each night in fact that was the only way she would go to sleep so needles to say my hubby was excited to hear that movie was coming out and he told Faith she would have to go watch it with him seeming that was their movie.
The next two weeks will be easy meals as we have a lot planned I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, although when things aren’t crazy over here I LOVE being in the kitchen and coming up with new food options that I think everyone will love.
(1) 3lb bag sweet potatoes $1.00
(5) Corn on the cob $2.00
(4) Jars of Prego $1.00 each this week
(1) 1lb of carrots $1.00
(2) Gluten Free Bread $5.49 each – look how little those loafs are compared to regular $1.00 bread
(1) Turkey Bacon $1.00
(2) Broccoli Crowns $1.00 each this week
(2) Ham Slices $1.00 each this week
(2) Meijer Salad Dressing $1.00 each this week
(3) Bags of Frozen Meijer Vegetables $1.00 each this week
(2) Bags of Salad Mix $1.00 each on sale this week
(2) Cantaloupes $1.00 each on sale this week
(2) Turkey Burgers $7.99 Buy One Get One Free
(4) Peppers $1.00 each on sale this week (not really a sale)
(3) Strawberries $1.67 each this week
(1) 4 pack dairy free yogurt $2.49
(3) Cucumbers $.59 each
(1) Celery $1.29
(2) gluten free taco mix $0.99 each
(1) Minute Maid Juice $1.99
I also used Ibotta this week and a few printable coupons
Ibotta has a $1.00 off Butterball Turkey Burgers plus pair it with $1.00 off printable coupon– this means you can get 2 packages of Butterball Turkey Burgers for only $5.99 (these are normally $7.99 per pack this is a AWESOME deal)
Use $1.00 Butterball Turkey Bacon printable coupon to score turkey bacon for only $0.50
I used Ibotta and saved $0.25 off one cucumber
I also had a $1.00 coupon for any yogurt item
I also had a $0.55 off Minute Maid Juice
After coupons and Ibotta is $53.59
Kroger:- sorry my Kroger and Aldi pictures will not load
(1) 4 pack of Avocados $1.99
(5) Powerade 12 packs $2.88 each Saturday coupon can use up to 5 times – I set some aside for the 4th of July
(3) Heinz Ketchup $0.99 each Saturday coupon can use up to 5 times
(3) Miracle Whip $0.99 each Saturday coupon can use up to 5 times
(2) Real Mayo $0.99 each Saturday coupon can use up to 5 times
(5) Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage $1.88 each Saturday coupon can use up to 5 times
(1) Ocean Spray Juice – FREE Friday Coupon
(2) packages of gluten free lunch meat $2.99 each
(1) skirt steak for Father’s day dinner $7.00
(3) blackberries $1.67 each
(2) deli cheese slices $1.99 each
(1) basmati rice $3.00
Our weekly meal plan for June 17, 2018
Cereal, Bagels and cream cheese, eggs and spinach and fruit.
Our lunches are really boring as my family is kinda picky for lunches and being 100% gluten free it’s not always easy to get them to try new items.
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, and or roast beef sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, peaches, string cheese. Gluten free tortilla chips.
Everyone eats the same meal or they make their own dinner:
Father’s Day Dinner- Gluten Free Grilled Pinwheel Steak, with salad, baked potatoes (using potatoes from last week)
Grilled Turkey Burgers with homemade cinnamon sweet potato fries
Grilling Ham Slices, with fresh fruits and steamed vegetables
Spaghetti and salad
Free for all use up items in the fridge and pantry- this means one kid might have cereal for dinner, someone might have left over spaghetti, or turkey burger.