Help your kids learn science with this Science DVD Collection from Educents for $51.74 shipped (25% off cover price)These science DVD programs cover physical science, earth science, life science, and the human body. They make learning about science fun and easy. Great for grades 2nd – 8th grade, ages 7-14 years old. Special bonus sections present material as it might be found on a science test. And with fun test-taking tips, students are sure to improve their skills on all standardized tests.
Who is it for?
- Your little scientist
- Gifted younger science learners (Even some Pre-K, Kindergarten, and 1st graders love it, although the material is intended for older students.)
- 2nd Graders, (7 to 8-year-olds)
- 3rd Graders, (8 to 9-year-olds)
- 4th Graders (9 to 10-year-olds)
- 5th Graders (10 to 11-year-olds) The bulk of the content and bonus practice tests are at a traditional 5th grade curriculum level.
- 6th Graders (11 to 12-year-olds)
- 8th Graders (13 to 14-year-olds) Teachers use these DVDs to help teach science curriculum up through 8th grade
- Gift givers
- Earth Science DVD
- Marko the Pencil shows us how easy it can be to understand and remember earth science concepts. Learn about the Solar System, seasons, weather, the water cycle, geology, fossils, properties of minerals, volcanoes, plate tectonics, weathering, topography, erosion, energy resources, and energy conservation. Approximately 61 minutes.
- Human Body DVD
- This entertaining approach to the human body engages young, inquisitive learners, while the depth of material gets older students ready for tests. Join Kevin and his friends for an enlightening adventure to explore the skeletal, nervous, muscular, circulatory, urinary, respiratory, and digestive systems along with the five senses. Clear explanations, beautiful science models, and amusing animations make this DVD perfect for the classroom and home. Approximately 44 minutes.
- Life Science DVD
- Marko the Pencil leads students on an entertaining adventure full of learning excitement. Topics include photosynthesis, parts of a plant, life cycles, genetic traits and adaptations, plant and animal cells, food webs, and more. A surprise rock star explains xylem and phloem cells. Clear explanations and examples hold interest and help boost test scores. Students also learn tips for getting high scores on a life science test. Approximately 59 minutes.
- Physical Science DVD
- Learn important facts and get ready for any physical science test. Marko the Pencil takes learners on a journey to his Super Science Station where it’s easy to grasp science concepts. This DVD covers lab safety, scientific method, atoms and their parts, molecules, states of matter, physical and chemical changes, mixtures versus pure substances, electricity, magnetism, motion, gravity, light, and energy. Approximately 55 minutes.